Thursday, April 22, 2010

Summer Lovin, boy it's a drag...

I have a love hate relationship with summer. I love that it's unstructured, plenty of time to relax, be with my thoughts, nap.

Oh wait, that's not my summer NOW, that's my summer between Kindy through Highschool, it was nice going down memory lane for a minute.

As I sit here researching, VBS, summer dance programs, art classes, swim lessons, and any other thought that pops into my head, I'm struck with one thought.

There are WAY too many child molesters, and bad guys in this world. Otherwise I may actually feel comfortable with kicking my 3 year old (as of May 23rd) out to the curb this summer to chill with the neighborhood kids. Can I do that? Of course not, because the bad guys (her words, not mine) will get her.

::Sigh:: The things we do for love, so this summer I will turn into the proverbial soccer Mom and dutifully schlep my child to and from summer activities with a smile on my face and plenty of information to feed her sponge of a brain.

Wish me luck people, I may end up Baker Acted by the end of it all. All the while lamenting, "they grow up so fast."

No comments:

Post a Comment